Hello Windows Insiders, today we are releasing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 23560 to the Dev Channel. There will not be a SDK for this build.
Changes and Improvements
[Copilot in Windows*]
- We’re beginning to roll out the ability to use Copilot in Windows with ALT + TAB. Using the ALT + TAB hotkey now displays the thumbnail preview for Copilot in Windows among the other thumbnail previews of open windows, which you can switch between by pressing Tab. [UPDATE] This change does not change the ALT + TAB experience in Windows 11. Copilot only shows in ALT + TAB if Copilot is invoked from the taskbar.
- Fixed an issue which could make the File Explorer dropdowns and context menu unexpectedly have a transparent background sometimes.
- Fixed an issue where the search box wasn’t showing the correct folder name when you were in Gallery.
- Fixed an explorer.exe crash impacting taskbar reliability.
- Fixed an issue where languages other than U.S. English couldn’t preview Narrator natural voices in Settings.
- Fixed an issue where Narrator wasn’t reading out the time stamps on recommended items in Start correctly.
- Did some work to help improve performance when expanding the navigation pane in Task Manager.
NOTE: Some fixes noted here in Insider Preview builds from the Dev Channel may make their way into the servicing updates for the released version of Windows 11.
- Some apps under All apps on the Start menu, such as PWA apps installed via Microsoft Edge, may incorrectly be labeled as a system component.
[Copilot in Windows*]
- [NEW] Some Windows Insiders in the Dev Channel who are on the Home edition of Windows 11 Insider Preview builds may notice that Copilot in Windows* has disappeared from the taskbar. We’re working to resolve this issue in a future flight.
- The new Copilot icon is not shown currently in the latest Dev Channel builds. It will be updated in an upcoming flight – stay tuned!
- When first launching or after refreshing Copilot in Windows while using voice access, you’ll need to use “Show grid” commands to click in the “Ask me anything” box for the first time.
About the Dev Channel
REMINDER: The Dev Channel has been rebooted. Windows Insiders who were in the Dev Channel on 25000 series builds have been moved to the new Canary Channel. Going forward, the Dev Channel will receive 23000 series builds. Insiders who were moved to the Canary Channel and want to move back to the Dev Channel can follow these instructions to do a clean installation of Windows 11 and then re-join the Dev Channel to receive 23000 series builds.
The Dev Channel receives builds that represent long lead work from our engineers with features and experiences that may never get released as we try out different concepts and get feedback. It is important to remember that the builds we release to the Dev Channel should not be seen as matched to any specific release of Windows and the features included may change over time, be removed, or replaced in Insider builds or may never be released beyond Windows Insiders to general customers. For more information, please read this blog post about how we plan to use the Dev Channel to incubate new ideas, work on long lead items, and control the states of individual features.
In some cases, features and experiences may go out to the Canary Channel first before going out to the Dev Channel however the Dev Channel will provide better platform stability. As we get closer to shipping, some features and experiences will also make their way to the Beta Channel when they are ready.
The desktop watermark you see at the lower right corner of your desktop is normal for these pre-release builds.
*Availability of Copilot in Windows: Copilot in Windows in preview is being rolled out gradually to Windows Insiders in select global markets. The initial markets for the Copilot in Windows preview include North America, United Kingdom and parts of Asia and South America. It is our intention to add additional markets over time.
Important Insider Links
- You can check out our Windows Insider Program documentation here.
- Check out Flight Hub for a complete look at what build is in which Insider channel.
Amanda & Brandon